FreeAgent aims to remove the stress and pain of dealing with business finances. From the very beginning in 2007, our aim was to create a product that would make an impact and improve the lives of micro-businesses in the UK. Now FreeAgent is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting software providers, with over 125,000 customers.
Not to blow our own horn … but Accounting WEB even named FreeAgent the top bookkeeping product of 2020 and 2021. And in 2021 our mobile app was also voted ‘Client App of the Year’ by ICB LUCA. The list could go on!
It’s not just our customers who love us, our employees do too ⭐
Find out more on Glassdoor.
We believe in the power of a collaborative, high-performing, and diverse team. We’d love you to join us on our journey.
As an Education Specialist at FreeAgent you’ll focus on shaping and developing the training for accountancy and bookkeeping practices, providing implementation assistance to our accountancy practice partners, and supporting our sales teams in demonstrating the benefits and practical applications of our solution to prospective customers. You will also be a main stakeholder in the development, maintenance and delivery of the content in our dynamic education platform.
This role would suit a cloud enthusiast currently working in practice/regulatory or in a similar role at a cloud accounting software provider.
You’ll shape and develop the training for accountancy and bookkeeping practices, working closely with our sales and support teams, and a range of specialists to produce what we hope is the best work of your career. You’ll be comfortable with change and reacting quickly to an opportunity.
You’ll be responsible for:
- developing and delivering bespoke webinar training for our accountancy practice partners.
- delivering implementation support from initial training sessions and ongoing support to our partners across the UK.
- building and managing relationships with various staff members and teams within our accountancy practice customers.
- assisting with developing, creating and maintaining a dynamic “education platform” to assist with the various learning styles of our accounting partners.
- sharing feedback from clients after training to help us continually adjust and develop our training approach, materials and product offering.
- working closely with the product team to share feature requests from an accountant/user perspective and assist with the development and delivery.
- organising and delivering Internal training sessions for members of the Sales team as required.
- maintaining and updating our CRM and other systems as required and producing reporting on your activities.
- supporting the Sales team members as and when required with internal and external queries.
- supporting and administering new Practices with client migration.
- assisting and delivering internal projects as they arise.
- researching new legislations and sharing knowledge with our Sales team and our accountant partners.
Ideally you’ll have:
- experience in a customer support or training environment
- experience as a qualified or part-qualified accountant
- experience of working in an accounting practice environment
- confidence in presenting and training to a professional audience
- high level of computer-literacy
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- desire to impart knowledge and help others improve
- initiative and a team player mindset
Bonus point if you have:
- Experience of a cloud based accounting software
Annual salary of £24,000 – £32,000 per annum depending on experience plus a car allowance.
We pride ourselves on creating a fantastic place to work, including (but not limited to!) the following:
- 33 days holiday (and an extra day for each year you’re with us)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- 5% matched pension contributions
- Summer 4 day weeks (giving you 7 additional days off!)
- Buy-as-you-earn share schemes
- Sabbatical leave (unpaid)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness webinars
- Focused learning time and learning budgets
- Volunteering day
Our work life 👩🏽💻
We believe in a strong work-life balance, we don’t work long hours (35 hour working week), and we have a fabulous Edinburgh HQ expertly designed for collaboration including high-quality A/V equipment to provide a great experience for distributed teams.
At FreeAgent, we support each other and operate a no-blame culture. Our mindset is: work hard, be nice to people, and the rest will sort itself out!
This is a permanent, full-time role (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). This role can be based remotely within the UK, and if you are in the Edinburgh area, there will be an opportunity to adopt hybrid working for this role and work under an agreed pattern from both the office and at home. Working from home is second nature to us as we have been championing remote working for 14 years.
How to apply ✍
We hire smart, talented people (like you!) to make FreeAgent even better.
Our application process is simple: upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you want to work with us. Our selection process includes:
- A phone call with a member of our Talent Team
- A video interview
- Final in person interview with presentation
We work hard to make the process straightforward, transparent, and enjoyable.
FreeAgent is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status.