We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson’s Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
If you are ready to launch your career in the dynamic and growing field of Customer Success and develop in-depth knowledge in modern software development, in today’s DevSecOps tooling – then you should keep reading! We are adding more Customer Success Advocates (CSA) to ensure our customers continuously see value across the Sonatype Nexus Platform.
Why this role matters
Our users are software developers, security officers, and DevOps managers. We offer them subscriptions to valuable software that works. As long as our customers value their investment, they will continue to renew and expand their deployments.
Fortunately, our customers trust Sonatype and value their investments. This is proven by our 90%+ renewal rate — one of the highest renewal rates in the software subscription business. We are also proud of receiving a coveted 2021 Gainsight GameChanger award for our outstanding customer services. But we choose not to rest on our laurels. If our customers are not optimised, adequately deployed, or have compromised rollouts due to their lack of time, technical know-how/resources, or understanding of best practices – it will inhibit our mutual ability to achieve success. That is why the CSA role is so meaningful.
What our CSAs Do
- Mentor and educate customers on implementation and usage best practices for the Sonatype Nexus Platform to ensure smooth onboarding, faster adoption, and increased footprint.
- Discover and analyse gaps in the customer experience, identify early warning signals, and work with multi-functional teams to address them.
- Act as the voice of the customer – using your insights to help us drive improvements, influence product roadmap, and deploy customer advocacy programs.
- Ensure customers are SUCCESSFUL and DELIGHTED with Sonatype products and services, not merely satisfied.
What we are looking for
- Our CSAs come from many different backgrounds, including software engineering, customer support, and project management. They also include career changers who are recent graduates of software academies and software Bootcamp programs. While the paths are different, they all share the following:
- Knowledge of current SDLC and the tooling that development organisations use to build applications
- Ability and desire to learn modern DevOps tooling.
- Well-honed organisational and interpersonal skills
- Desire to build long-term relationships and help our customers be successful.
- Ability to travel. Although this position is a 100% remote role, we expect that travel to customer locations will be 25%.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.