We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Corporate FP&A Senior Analyst reporting to the Corporate Finance & Strategy Manager. You will sit across Square’s department ecosystem and provide support to the Finance teams within Square, and will partner with other Finance team members to develop an intimate understanding of the overall business. Insights are developed through frequent cross coordination with our partners, and modeling how our decisions affect our outlook across our Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow. This position can sit in any of Square’s office locations and is eligible for full-time work from home/remote.
Finance & Strategy improves strategic, financial and operational decision-making across the company. Our team’s core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems across the company. At Square we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll trust you to work with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and the executive team.
- Develop Square’s financial model, with an emphasis on Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Help support our consolidated financial planning processes for the Corporate F&S team, maintaining our long range planning model and assess the financial impact of our decisions
- In partnership with our Treasury team, guide capital markets activities and analyses to support Square’s balance sheet and cash position.
- Work closely with our Strategic Initiatives team on ad hoc analyses across Square’s ecosystem
- Collaborate to improve key initiatives such as process improvement and standardization, system enhancements, and data governance.
- Communicate financial recommendations across the organization including to Square’s board and management team.
- Build trust with finance partners and business leaders at Square
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, or other relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in FP&A or finance operations or related field
- experience with financial planning systems and financial planning process within larger finance organizations; experience in the technology industry preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Commitment to Square’s mission
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square’s purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.