Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Kraken is seeking a Digital Marketing Content Writer responsible for crafting growth marketing-related copy across a variety of deliverables and channels including landing pages, push, display, paid social and paid search.
Who You Are
• The ideal candidate is first and foremost a master of letters. You have an unassailable command of the English language and are obsessed with finding the most precise words that inform, inspire, and drive current and prospective clients to action or understanding.
• You have a heightened sense of empathy and can modulate your perspective appropriately to accomodate any configuration of medium, channel and audience in order to create profoundly compelling copy.
• You know that writing is rewriting and therefore welcome constructive feedback and collaboration with colleagues across Marketing, Product, Design, Legal, Compliance and beyond.
• You have a creative and experimental bent, are inclined to tackle every challenge from multiple and sometimes unorthodox angles, and are able to present multiple approaches for any given assignment.
• You also know that speed kills and are able to iterate deliverables rapidly, always at a high level of quality.
Success in this role requires precision, empathy, industry, and the ability to evaluate all work holistically in furtherance of specific growth marketing objectives.
Sound like something you’d be interested in? Great! Remember…when submitting your application to please be sure to submit 3 writing samples or a portfolio of work our team can review.
• Write effective and compelling copy across a range of digital marketing deliverables including landing pages, push, display, paid social and paid search.
• Distill value propositions and tailor messaging to primarily a consumer but ultimately a variety of audience segments across channels.
• Collaborate with Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, Product, Design and the broader organization to support and facilitate the launch and optimization of digital marketing campaigns and initiatives.
• Optimize current and future deliverables based on data- and research-informed learnings.
• 2+ years experience in copywriting or digital marketing in Advertising, Finance, or Technology
• Experience simplifying complex technical concepts for a variety of audience segments
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Comfort in navigating ambiguity and shifting priorities
• Ability to handle a high volume of deliverables simultaneously
• Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
• High level of accountability and say-to-do ratio
• While not a requirement, knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency markets, technology, ecosystem and ethos is a big plus
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three writing samples or a portfolio of work