At Help Scout, we make software that helps more than 12,000 small businesses talk with their customers. We’re a fully remote team of 110 employees in over 75 cities around the world and we’ve staked our reputation on being helpful, human, and existing for profit and purpose. In 2021, we’re taking these values to the next level as we reintroduce ourselves to our audience of customer service professionals, small business leaders, and startup founders.
We believe that brand is a differentiator and that a company’s content has an outsized impact on its brand. A traditional inbound marketing strategy has served us well for traffic and conversion, but we’re excited to take a cue from consumer brands, media companies, and publishers by investing more in creative content this year. Our big initiative will be the launch of a multimedia content hub for mission-driven founders and small business leaders. Think of it as a beautifully designed online publication for founders and execs who are tired of all the repetitive, uninspired content that most companies publish for them. We aim to create an immersive experience for curious, empathetic leaders to learn together, get inspired, build with purpose, and grow companies that put people first.
To make this vision a reality, we’re seeking to hire a Content Producer to facilitate the creation of multimedia assets for the founder hub. In this role, you’ll own and manage audio and visual projects from start to finish — weighing in on story ideas and assembling the resources and team necessary to make them happen. We’re looking for someone who can combine creativity with project management, and has a knack for identifying compelling stories.
About the Role
- Lead the development of audio interviews and video projects, and eventually build out new podcast and video series.
- Collaborate with the Editorial Lead to define the founder hub’s voice, vision, and style.
- Work with guests and external production partners to coordinate interviews and create video and audio assets.
- Contribute to the promotional strategy for founder-focused content.
- Ensure the founder hub’s brand voice and identity stay consistent across assets and projects, and throughout the production process.
- You love staying on top of trends and have a good understanding of startup ecosystem – whether it be investors, capital, or organizational development.
- You love telling stories and thinking creatively, with a proven track record of creating content that gets shared and talked about.
- You have stellar project management skills and have no problem rolling up your sleeves to get your ideas across the finish line.
- You’ve dabbled in podcast or video production.
- You’re skilled at communicating clearly and building relationships with various teams and stakeholders.
Who you’ll work with
- Hillary Noble, Editorial Lead, you’ll report to her
- Kristen Bryant, Director of Content, will be a partner in the development of the founder hub’s sub-brand, voice, and experience
- Our small team of content creators and brand designers will collaborate with you to create impactful and meaningful stories
Competitive salary – Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn’t divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical – After you’ve been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match– via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you’d like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 110 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 12,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Browse all of the latest remote marketing jobs open to anywhere in the world