MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are fully remote. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
The Compliance team ❤️
As a Compliance Operations Analyst, you’ll join our Compliance Team to understand the risks posed by our customers at onboarding and throughout the customer journey. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML compliance, who is extremely customer focused and enjoys solving problems.
What you’ll do 👀
- Support the AML / CFT operational functions at MoonPay
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews to determine the risk posed to MoonPay by its customers and make recommendations on whether to retain high risk customers while achieving MoonPay’s mission
- Ensure that applications are processed within SLA and to the required standards
- Liaise with customers to collect KYC documents
- Handle and process KYC documents for verification
- Review and approve KYC documents
- Respond to contact requests for information
- Review and monitor transactions to prevent, detect, and identify suspicious activity and remain AML compliant
- Perform AML / CFT investigations, including blockchain analysis reviews
- Identify red flags, suspicious activity, investigate patterns, and work on appropriate solutions
- Work with our institutional partners to help onboard their own customers
- Conduct sanctions, PEP, and adverse media checks
- Assist MoonPay in meeting its obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities
- Communicate improvements to product team
- Communicate with and support customer operations team
- Suggest potential avenues for automation
- Help MoonPay implement any changes to its compliance operations framework when new or existing regulation is introduced or updated
You should apply if ✅
- CAMS, CFCS or CFE certification is required.
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- 2+ years experience at a financial institution, ideally in FinTech.
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Customer oriented in your approach.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
- First-rate decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement.
- Ability to maintain a strong operational focus with the capacity to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
- B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- Experience with TRM and/or Chainalysis is a plus.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen (20-30 minutes)
- Final interview (90 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance
- Competitive salary 💰
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Home office equipment allowance of $600 USD (or local equivalent) 🪑
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
- Annual company retreat 🧘♀️