How do you verify real people in the digital world? Onfido helps companies see real identity – the humans behind the screens – using world-leading AI and identity experts. Our solutions enable customers to prove their identities, wherever they are, with just an ID and their face. So companies have everything they need to grow their businesses securely.
Our AI-based technology assesses whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compares it against their facial biometrics. That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Bunq and Remitly the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely.
Onfido is in hyper-growth mode. That means everyone who joins us today needs to be ready for personal hyper-growth. You’ll be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups, and have the opportunity to directly shape how it functions as it scales.
You’ll help Onfido have a positive impact on the lives of millions globally, by providing access to key goods and services.
You’ll belong to Onfido’s specialist team of Operations experts in our London office, responsible for ensuring our processes and operations are as effective, efficient and scalable as possible, which is critical to our rapid growth.
You’ll have an unparalleled opportunity to develop your operations experience
– You’ll gain a broad range of practical experiences, delivering projects across a range of Onfido’s functions and teams, from Finance, to People, to Legal and company-wide.
– Onfido’s rapid growth rate will present you with many opportunities to develop your career.
– You’ll be supported by a lead with many years of operational consulting experience, who will help nurture your skills and ongoing development.
Please note we will consider candidates based anywhere in the UK who wish to work on a fully-remote basis.
As an Operations Manager in our Company Operations team at Onfido you will:
- Work across our Business Operations Group to identify and implement step-change improvements to our internal operations and processes.
- Work closest with our Finance, People and Legal teams, but will also interact with teams across the business to deliver company-wide initiatives too.
- Have end-to-end ownership of improvement projects: identifying improvement areas, developing data-driven solutions, and delivering the work to make those solutions stick.
- Support the smooth running of key internal processes.
As a guide you can expect your role to be loosely oriented as follows, though this may flex throughout the role depending on requirements:
- 50% delivery actions, data analysis and developing solutions
- 30% project planning and project management
- 20% stakeholder management
This is a diverse and flexible role that is expected to shift and adapt with the needs of our rapidly growing business. You will quickly become responsible for the identification and delivery of cross-functional improvement projects across the wider Company Operations Function: Finance, People, Recruitment, and Legal teams.
To be successful in this role the following skills and behaviours are essential:
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, in particular the ability to draw meaningful insights from an ocean of information.
- Strong prioritisation skills and a focus on what matters most.
- A demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Strong project management & personal organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of change management, supported by examples of “taking people on the journey” to make change stick.
- Self-motivation and persistence in the face of challenges.
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work effectively across multiple functions.
- A bias towards action, which helps you get things moving and get it done!Real self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- A highly flexible and adaptable approach.
The following are not essential, but highly desirable:
- A strong record of analytical academic achievement.
- Ideally multiple years’ experience in operations improvement, whether internally or with a reputable consultancy.
- Experience working with finance processes, HR processes, recruitment processes and legal processes.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Along with our multi-national team in our London HQ we have offices in EMEA, America and APAC, making Onfido an exciting and culturally enriching place to work.
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.