Role & responsabilities:
- As a fast-growing company, our data and data sources are constantly expanding. Being able to come up with scalable and efficient solutions to provide data for downstream use is a core part of your responsibilities
- Responsible for managing a large part of our data pipeline
- Communicate with different stakeholders to understand their data related needs
- Independently develop new parts of our data infrastructure from scratch, tailored to the company’s needs
- You are a mentor to our Junior/Trainee Data Engineers
- You can assist our Data Scientists on any Data Engineering topic
- Envision and shape our infrastructure to take it to the next level
- A master’s or PhD in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics)
- At least 3 years of Data Engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and Database Management and architecture
- Strong coding skills in Python and knowing your way around APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Redshift, s3, Lambda, Sagemaker, Glue, EMR etc.)
- Experience with Apache Airflow (or a similar workflow management platform)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Tableau (or a similar data visualization tool)
- Not required but is a big plus: Knowing your way around DevOps and any experience related to Machine Learning / Data Science
- A company that gives you space to grow and take ownership! A chance to be part of one of Berlin’s fastest growing startups, carrying major responsibility in growing Compado into a company with 100+ employees.
- Lead a “work from everywhere” lifestyle with an optional office in the heart of Berlin.
- Work in a highly innovative culture, constantly striking new and refreshing paths, with emphasis on New Work and Remote Working as well as environmental consciousness.
- An international & multicultural work environment.