Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC.
Community matters. Our users and contributors have helped to ensure that the Elastic Stack (consisting of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash) are more than just code — they are free and open projects that people love to use, and love to talk about. Community is core to our company identity.
Are you that kind of person who is keen on sharing technology with the world and supporting the tech community? Do you feel at home planning meetups and developer conference appearances by identifying, creating, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments? Is implementing community programs and planning community user group events your passion?
Then this job might be a great match for you. In this role, you will support the advocacy of Elastic’s product and solution line through organizing events, sending promotional materials, executing conference strategy (with support from others), and creating new initiatives when the opportunity arises.
Well, if you read this far and think, “that’s me!” then you probably won’t need to read any further and we should have a conversation. But if you are in any doubt about the type of experience we expect you to have then the following should help clarify.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Organize and lead regional community events, with the ability to travel.
- Strategizing on a global and regional level in regards to virtual and in-person events.
- Lead conference sponsorships, nominations, and evaluations in your region.
- Build positive relationships with various partners and groups in your regions such as Sales, Marketing, and Engineering. Communicate with senior leaders in Sales and Marketing to ensure alignment.
- Work on global projects and different initiatives while being passionate about regional events.
- Manage the sending of promotional materials and goods to community groups and members, developer conferences, and support other community programs initiatives.
- Prioritize goals by accepting ownership for new requests and exploring opportunities to chip in.
- Connect effectively and comfortably with many different people in many different roles across a distributed company and community.
- Attend or remotely coordinate community events that may take place during evenings or over weekends — ideally you enjoy some flexibility in your work day.
- Gain knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
What You Bring Along:
- Project & program management
- Event strategizing and coordination
- Community building in a global setting
- Analyzing and reporting metrics
- Communication and presentation skills
- Experience with community management, programming, open source software, or developer advocacy
- Leadership and mentoring of team members
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave