GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We are building the global platform for developer collaboration to accelerate human progress. We want our Community to be the Hub of GitHub!!!
About the Role:
The GitHub Community Forum is such an important part of who we are as a company. It’s a place where members build networks, learn from each other, give valuable insights to the company, and so much more. The Community Strategy team’s focus is all about engaging the community, developing and launching new community programs, measuring the success of these programs, and doing it all at scale. We’re looking for a great Customer Engagement Community Operations Manager to lead strategy, integrations and platform enhancements for the forum platform. You will be responsible for revitalizing and extending our community platforms to become true destinations for learning, engagement, and self-service.
You will leverage data and insights from the platform, working in collaboration with the customer success teams, product, and engineering to inform strategy. You will work cross functionally to solicit feedback and drive internal participation on engagement ideas via the forums channel. You will inform and lead the operational strategy and management of the forum platform – leveraging the support of our customer success and support teams and community managers to moderate and act as community specialists within the forum. You are committed to the success of the open source and GitHub communities and focused on the engagement, enjoyment, and growth of our communities. You believe in nurturing a “pay it forward” approach, helping customers successfully help each other through this channel.The right fit for this role is an innovative team player who has a deep understanding of customer support community development in the tech field, and possesses the technical skills required to bring ideas through concept to production.
What You’ll Do:
- Help execute on the engagement strategy, feature integration roadmap, and success metrics for the Forum platform, considering the needs of both GitHub teams and our global community of users.
- Identify ongoing help resource, support, and forum cross reference opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage Forum channels to improve communication and campaign execution (release notes, VOTC, feature feedback)
- Constantly gather feedback from the community and bring those insights to the appropriate internal teams
- Escalate and flag issues as needed to keep the community a trusted space.
- Help manage and execute a community content strategy.
- Partner with Community PM’s to
- Working cross functionally on community engagement strategies.
- Measure, analyze, update and track community data.
- Manage all internal and external community documentation.
- Create and maintain community onboarding and offboarding processes.
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion about being a community and customer advocate. You understand why customer voices are so important, and thrive in finding innovative ways to support them.
- A strong communicator and writer.
- You believe in data driven solutions and cross-company collaboration.
- Being successful in this role will require you to excel at both internal and external communication.
- Flexibility and adapting quickly when priorities change.
- Experience working with a developer community.
- Experience supporting global programs.
- An incredibly organized master multitasker.
- Experience working with various online community platforms and tools (Discourse (preferred), Vanilla, Lithium, Khoros, Jive, etc.)
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, a great listener, and is extraordinarily empathetic. Willingness to go the extra mile to serve our customers.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- 4+ years experience managing customer support community design, strategy, and implementation initiatives
- 4+ years experience in program, project, or technical management
- 2+ years experience creating gamification, participant tiering/leveling, and trusted person procedures
Key Skills / Experience
- No degree requirements for this role.
- 4 or more years in customer service, market research, analysis or a technical discipline preferred.
- Experience working in a SaaS industry preferred.
- Experience in a community management or community support role preferred.
- Experience being a part of or supporting alpha & beta programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate recommendations and solutions plainly with customers and stakeholders.
- A commitment and interest in working on a global team and supporting diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work across multiple organizations to identify and execute solutions.
- Ability to develop and implement creative solutions and influence others in their adoption.
- Strong project management skills including an ability to manage cross-functional deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe.
****** Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote