Community Marketing Executive
London or Remote Within the UK
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organization; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy are accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures.
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
At Snowplow we are on a mission to engage and expand our user community, providing a bridge of communication to understand their needs and help fulfill them. Our goal? A global, diverse, and inclusive network of technologists and data folk who are not just using Snowplow to solve business problems but also participating in our community to personally develop.
We are looking for a talented individual to be our Community Marketing Executive. You will need to be a passionate community builder and will play a critical role in turning Snowplow’s long-term grassroots adoption and awareness into a global movement around behavioral data.
You’ll be part of the marketing team and report directly to the Head of Community.
What you will be doing:
● Driving community engagement through owned and non-owned channels, events, and content
● Build deep one-to-one relationships with highly-engaged members of the Snowplow community, including key partners, our open-source userbase, and our customers
● Rejuvenating Snowplow’s existing formats and channels (e.g. Discourse, office hours) and pioneering new ones (e.g. Discord, Twitch, or Clubhouse)
● Developing and delivering in-person and online community events
● Working with Snowplowers, including our new Education team, to drive new content ideas that can be co-created with our online community
● Building out a community hub online and contributor award program
● Delivering content and generating conversation on a variety of social media platforms
Testing and analyzing results to measure the effectiveness of our community efforts, with an emphasis on continuous optimization and iteration
● Producing detailed reports about the state of our community
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
● Experience with both proprietary and third-party event management in online and offline formats
● A good understanding of the data landscape and key influencers in the market
● WordPress and forum (e.g. Discourse) experience
● A passion for education and mentoring, with a particular interest in helping technologists to learn new skills and self-actualize through professional development
● Good time management, communication, and organizational skills and be an individual who is able to work autonomously
● Strong curiosity and mindset for continuous learning and creative thinking
What you get in return for being awesome:
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme if UK-based Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisationMacBook and home office equipment
● Enjoy fun events organised by our Cultural Work Committee
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there / when you come to visit
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!