Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner.
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people — and so are we. We are a group of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
In a world where ecommerce is increasingly uniform and conversion-optimized, Indiegogo delivers to consumers an experience that is uniquely human. We’re a two-sided marketplace that unites backers and entrepreneurs in the pursuit of hardware innovations in technology and design, and creative creations. For the community manager in particular, our business — and our way of running it — offers some special opportunities:
Cultivate communities that care – Relative to typical ecommerce, Indiegogo has a much deeper relationship with its customers. Because of this relationship, you’ll have a unique opportunity to connect with users and solve problems that impact lives and behaviors more foundationally. Your efforts will help grow and reinforce an active community of tech and hardware enthusiasts.
Join a product team dedicated to community – Most community managers have to work with the technology they’re given. We’re different. As Indiegogo builds our community from the ground up, you will have the chance to move quickly, to own complete problems/opportunities, and to help guide the course of an entire product experience — all within a company that knows how to ship product and celebrates community as our #1 priority.
Enjoy a culture of empowerment and fun – With an office in downtown San Francisco and a team that prioritizes professional growth, positive collaboration, and personal wellbeing, Indiegogo is a place to take your career to the next level. This is your chance to explore bold new ideas with the support of a team that relishes in your victories and personal growth.
- Interact daily with entrepreneurs, backers, and community members on and off Indiegogo to grow positive communities centered around individual campaigns and Indiegogo as a whole
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our user research team to highlight the best user insights to guide our design and marketing efforts in community
- Create, test, and systematize best practices that increase engagement on Indiegogo and other platforms by creating new content and programs
- Use analytics and qualitative insights to inform our product strategy and create new tactics that drive engagement and positive community affect
- Develop benchmarks for measuring the impact of community management activities on our key performance indicators, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results
- 2+ years of experience in community management in a technical environment
- Experience growing and engaging audiences across multiple channels & platforms with marketplace experience a plus
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to match tone, style and content to company voice and vision
- Highly flexible personality that is comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- The ability to work well with uncertainty and simultaneously create and drive best practices internally; willingness to educate others on those practices and processes is also critical
- Lives and breathes “community” – understands the landscape and keeps up-to-date with new technologies/trends
- Ability to take ownership of goals and uses good judgment to determine priorities
- Ability to be strategic and yet comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting the work done
- Enjoys working with cross-functional teams to achieve goals and takes a metric-driven approach
Browse the latest remote jobs here >>> euremotejobs.com/jobs/