At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset – an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify – advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard – unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Hopin is seeking a Business Development Representative who is personable, self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We’re looking for someone with a bit of sales experience and super excited to tell others about our hybrid and virtual event product offerings. You will work with a global sales team to build and close a rapidly growing pipeline. You are capable of independently identifying high potential prospects and managing early sales funnel activities. We’ll provide all the training you need to be successful.
We’re excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, a team player, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We’re currently a team of 75 and growing quickly.
- Sourcing new business and/or cross-sell pipeline and revenue through outbound prospecting efforts
- High sales activity role with daily Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for targeted call and email campaigns
- Generating interest through outbound cold calling
- Prospecting for opportunities across the platform in existing customers or new prospects
They do this by…
- Partnering closely with Account Executives to identify and source net new pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Discovering the customers’/prospects’ business initiatives and acting as the Hopin advocate
- Building a point of view on how to help qualify customers needs
- Speaking to value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Learning how to anticipate and prepare for objections
- Demonstrating adaptability and flexibility as part of an ever-growing sales organization
- Managing a high volume of accounts with a strategy on prioritization of your accounts and time
- Researching and understanding various lines of business and personas
- 2+ years of professional sales experience
- Experience cold calling and emailing companies for greenfield or whitespace opportunities
- Proven track record of success – consistent quota attainment and achievement of KPIs
- Excellent presentation and public speaking abilities
- Fluent English speaker with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you have the ability to read, interpret, and clarify customers’ goals, and then respond to help them achieve those goals
- Tech Savvy – love software, tech and excited to learn new software
- Super motivated, can-do attitude, problem solver and can work in a fast paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development