Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
The Business Development Representative is a strategic position responsible for finding, developing and managing leads up to Account Executive handoff.
- Developing leads from free open source users, trials, and marketing campaigns into sales opportunities (in-bound sources) Qualifying leads and handing them off to Account Executives
- Contacting potential clients through email, calls, and social media
- Presenting our company to potential clients (into our ideal customer profile accounts like financial institutions, healthcare, and government)
- Encourage ideal prospects to download and trial Mattermost products
- Booking qualified appointments with qualified, likely prospects for discovery calls with an Account Executive
- Technical proficiency with collaboration software, software development tools and processes
- Contact potential clients through emails, LinkedIn, chat, calls, and social media
- Present our solutions to potential clients & encourage them to trial Mattermost
- Develop & qualify leads from free open source users, free trials, and marketing campaigns into qualified leads to pass to Account Executives
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Proactively seek new business pipeline in various segments that can benefit from Mattermost
- Set up meetings between prospective clients and Account Executives
- Report to the Sales Development Manager on prospecting results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and Mattermost’s offerings, trends in software development, be able to relate to software developers, DevOps, IT & security buyers, and VP/Director, and C-level executives
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Development Rep or similar role
- Hands-on experience with B2B prospecting sales techniques Track record of achieving sales prospecting quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) & sales productivity software like Outreach, SalesLoft, LeadLander, and leveraging prospect databases like ZoomInfo, Discover.org
- Proficient with Google Suite of Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and analyzing information
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and video-conferencing) skills, and objection-handling skills
- College degree or equivalent experience
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia – Canada – Chile – Finland – Georgia – Germany – India – Mauritius – Philippines – Poland – South Africa – Turkey – Ukraine – Uganda – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Browse the latest remote sales jobs open to Europe, Middle-East & Africa