Equilibrium is a leading global developer of decentralised technologies. We design, build, and implement solutions in critical, industry-defining projects for core Web3 infrastructure. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Finland, Equilibrium is a remote-first, distributed company of ~60 people across ~20 countries including senior engineers, economists, and cryptographers.
We work across three primary commercial activities: Consulting (high value-add engineering services, including end-to-end architectural design and implementation in blockchain and related systems), Venturing (internal studio for diversified, scalable Web3 products and applications through proprietary R&D), and Investing (capital deployment in large-cap liquid tokens and early-stage, illiquid Web3 related companies and technologies). We are a leading adviser to many of the most prominent, Tier I organisations in the industry, including Ethereum Foundation, Web3 Foundation, Zcash Foundation, Protocol Labs, Solana Foundation, Forte, Dapper Labs, and Aleo to name but a few.
Our teams are largely self-organising; they design their own processes and choose their own tools. We understand that each team and each project has different needs. We trust our teams to deliver and let them execute on project deliverables in the way they believe is best.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join us. You would be working with our distributed teams directly on client engagements. The position is remote-first, but we regularly achieve live interaction in the form of our company-wide retreats.
You would initially be working primarily with our https://github.com/eqlabs/pathfinder team before transitioning into other parts of our business. Pathfinder is the first full-state node implementation for StarkNet, an exciting ZK-rollup built on top of Ethereum. Pathfinder is well-established within the ecosystem and faces unique challenges in providing a stable platform in particular because StarkNet itself is still rapidly evolving.
Role duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reaching out to potential organisations with an appetite to run our Pathfinder node
- Serving as the point of contact for such organisations and collecting feedback
- Help guide node development and priorities
- Building relationships and engaging with community contributors across social channels
- Improve and develop Equilibrium’s technical documentation
- Driving awareness of Equilibrium’s overall platform, capabilities, and service offering
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of business development experience
- Excellent relationship building and client management skills
- Strong initiative to generate valuables sales leads across the Equilibrium organisation
- Knowledge and prior exposure to the Web3 and blockchain industry
- Ability to create high-quality technical documentation
Salary & benefits:
Salary and benefits will be negotiated separately based on the candidate’s skills and experience. Please note that we hire our international talent residing outside of Finland with contractor status (being a contractor at Equilibrium does not mean short-term projects or no benefits!) Take this into consideration and make sure to include your salary request in the application!
More about the company:
Read more about our vision and projects on our website.
Please, include in your application:
- A short paragraph on why you would like to work at Equilibrium specifically
- Links to any relevant content (Github, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Your salary request
- Potential starting date