Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
Join our team of product designers to help us reinvent everything from the way money works to a bunch of even more ambitious things we can’t talk about yet — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity. We’re not building a fintech company here. We’re building an adventure. One that requires creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries.
Throughout the history of civilization, there have been a handful of moments that changed the course of how we think about wealth and equality. The discovery of gold, the creation of paper money, mortgages, ATMs. We’re at the next of those moments right now, and there is no more exciting place to invest your creativity than directly at this intersection of technology and adventure.
We are looking for motivated, detail-oriented self-starters with a passion for beautiful design that delivers meaningful experiences to our customers and continuing fantastic results for our rapidly expanding business. All designers on our team collaborate closely with product, marketing, researchers, and content specialists, so you must be comfortable working in this cooperative model. We feel that the best work comes when creative people roll up their sleeves and solve problems together.
- Work closely with a passionate Brand Design team responsible for strategizing, ideating and producing a variety of modern design assets
- Developing and maintaining brand guidelines: You will be actively contributing to guidelines that define how the brand should be used across our product ecosystem and touch points, ensuring consistency and cohesiveness in all brand communications
- Create high quality, delightful design – with designers, researchers, animators, content specialists, and illustrations
- Take concepts from research, to exploration, to delivery
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
- Collaborate with teams across the company from marketing to product to engineering
- Work holistically across film, animation, illustration, digital design and graphic design
- Take full accountability for your work and exercise consideration of every detailInnovate and explore the edges of technology and creativity
Skills you should HODL
- Design experience in startups or agencies, working with a variety of teams on a multitude of projects
- A strong portfolio showcasing detail-oriented design work, strategic thinking and provocative creative
- Excellence in typography, color, layout, and composition
- Natural storytellers with a demonstrated ability to showcase work, rationalize decisions and communicate concepts
- Mastery of Adobe CC, and a working knowledge of Figma
- Ability to work independently, drive multiple projects at a time, and iterate quickly
- Desire to thrive within a fast-paced, emerging industry with a variety of design challenges
Nice to haves
- Experience in Crypto or an avid fan of the industry
- Proficiency in English writing
- Remote working experience
$117,000 – $176,000 a year
Location Tagging: #EU #LI-VF1 #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.