In today’s world we experience a global shift to offline experiences over products. Following this trend, bookingkit is set to digitise and develop tours&activities industry in Europe. Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
We are actively looking for a new Team Lead Engineering (m/f/d) – Product Engineering to join our team as soon as possible. You would fill a double role as the Team Lead and people manager for all engineers within our 2 product focussed teams (SaaS, Reach), as well as a Senior Software Engineer in the “SaaS” team.
Within the “SaaS team”, you will have the chance to not only work on a SaaS system, but also shape the eCommerce experience of thousands of our customers and thus millions of consumers. Your work will have a direct impact on the future success of our product.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Level – ★★★★☆
- Your future gear – Mac or Windows laptop (private use allowed)
- Remote option – B2B Contract – Work from wherever you are, while enjoying quarterly team events with all bookingkids in Berlin
- Perks – Flexible work time, pet friendly office, breakfast, snacks & fruits 24/7, Company BBQs, Team events, Sport leagues, relocation support… read more
MORE ABOUT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY
- As a Team Lead Engineering you are reporting directly to our Head of Product.
- You will be supporting and coaching the engineers within our 2 product teams (SaaS and Reach)
- You are part of the Engineering team at bookingkit and will be working closely together with product managers and product designers to conceptualize and build innovative and scalable software for our customers.
- You will build scalable services in Golang, as well as improve existing systems in PHP (Laravel and Yii).
- Based on your experience, your knowledge in VueJS/frontend technologies and DevOps processes will come in handy.
- bookingkit is building the leading infrastructure for tours & activities in Europe. Thus, at our core we are a B2B2C company, driven by SaaS and APIs. You will have the chance to set the foundation for all of our innovations.
- Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
- We are in the unique position to be the market leader for infrastructure technology and now need to develop our platform in that direction as well.
- Your role is to be part of us building an innovative SaaS solution in the tours & activities market, as well as supporting the change from a mostly monolithic PHP driven structure to a (micro-)service driven structure using state of the art technology, like Golang.
- In order to succeed on that mission we are recruiting top tier engineers to support us on our path.
- Coach and support software engineers
- Guide your team to achieve personal development and an innovative spirit
- Recommend strategies for team and technical development, as well as cultural initiatives to the leadership team
- Build and launch scalable, production-ready software.
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers and QA engineers during product exploration to give context on feasibility.
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
MUST-HAVES, SHORT & TO THE POINT
- Working experience of at least 6 years within software companies.
- Experience leading a team of engineers for at least 2 years.
- You are experienced in PHP and frameworks like Laravel or Yii.
- You have worked with RESTful APIs and have a sound understanding of MySQL.
- You strive for high code quality, are no stranger to design patterns and love to write automated tests.
- You are fluent in English and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a high level.
- Experience with Golang or AWS/DevOps would definitely be a plus.
- Knowledge of frontend technologies would also be beneficial.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
We invest in your future:
We care about individualized personal and professional development. After 6 months, we provide you with a development budget of up to 1000 € plus an extra day off for training and development purposes. Frequent feedback and coaching sessions with your Team Lead help you to achieve your career goals.
We live our values:
Flat hierarchies and #transparency are no empty promises! Share your ideas and #bookingkidness with us and contribute to our #growth. We #trust you to do a great job at your own pace: flexible working hours and home office prove it.
We believe in work-life-balance:
You will work with the best in the industry- 70 great colleagues from +10 nations are waiting for you to join us. We love to share our knowlegde in bookingkit university, but of course there is always time for fun team events- our monthly Barbecues are legendary!
Please state your earliest starting date and salary expectation you have found this job ad at when applying. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About bookingkit GmbH
Shape the future of the tour & activity sector!
bookingkit is the European market leader in online booking and management software for tour & activity providers. We enable providers in the leisure industry to digitize their business operations and generate more revenue. The software allows a high degree of automation in managing a wide range of leisure activities and can be implemented in a provider's website as a ready-to-use solution.
We have strong technology partnerships with the most recognized international travel marketing platforms such as TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide, and mydays, but now we need YOU to join our great team and enormous market potential. We are looking for active contributors with fresh ideas, commitment, energy and passion for our vision to digitalize the leisure market and all our customers - from outdoor to indoor, from cooking school to paintball.
You long for challenges? You want to develop yourself personally? You want to learn from the best? Then you are perfect with us! Become a part of our team - become a „bookingkid“!