In today’s world we experience a global shift to offline experiences over products. Following this trend, bookingkit is set to digitise and develop tours&activities industry in Europe. Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Level – ★★☆☆☆ (Junior to mid-level)
- Gear – Laptop (Mac/Windows), displays and keyboard as per your wish
- Remote option – B2B Contract – Work from wherever you are, while enjoying quarterly team events with all bookingkids in Berlin
- Perks – read more here
- Languages – English (required), German (nice to have)
MORE ABOUT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY
- You are part of the Integrations-Team at bookingkit. As a member of this team you are responsible for helping Key Accounts with a larger technical infrastructure to integrate with bookingkit
- You work project-related on international projects for international clients mostly written in PHP and frameworks like Yii and Laravel
- You work on the frontend and backend parts of our main products, written in PHP and frameworks like Yii and Laravel
- Work closely with other developers, other departments at bookingkit like the Key Account Team and our product managers
- Become an integral part of our agile Integrations-Team based in Berlin and Münster
- bookingkit is building the leading infrastructure for tours & activities in Europe
- You will have the chance to not only work on a SaaS system, but also the eCommerce experience of an essential part of our customer portfolio
- With your contribution you help bookingkit as a SaaS tool to be flexible and valuable for key accounts.
- Build and launch scalable, production-ready software and extensions
- Connect extensions and third party software to our core unit via API
- Talk to customers and project shareholders
- Specify and present (your) technical solutions
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
MUST-HAVES, SHORT & TO THE POINT
- Working experience of at least 2 years
- You are experienced in PHP and frameworks like Laravel, Symfony or Yii.
- You have some experiences with RESTful APIs and have a sound understanding of MySQL
- Experience in agency business would definitely be a plus.
- Knowledge of frontend technologies would also be beneficial.
- Readiness to travel (occasionally)
- You are fluent in English and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a high level.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
We invest in your future:
We care about individualized personal and professional development. After 6 months, we provide you with a development budget of up to 1000 € plus an extra day off for training and development purposes. Frequent feedback and coaching sessions with your Team Lead help you to achieve your career goals.
We live our values:
Flat hierarchies and #transparency are no empty promises! Share your ideas and #bookingkidness with us and contribute to our #growth. We #trust you to do a great job at your own pace: flexible working hours and home office prove it.
We believe in work-life-balance:
You will work with the best in the industry – 70 great colleagues from +10 nations are waiting for you to join us. We love to share our knowledge in bookingkit university, but of course there is always time for fun team events- our monthly Barbecues are legendary!
Please state your earliest starting date and salary expectation when applying. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About bookingkit GmbH
Shape the future of the tour & activity sector!
bookingkit is the European market leader in online booking and management software for tour & activity providers. We enable providers in the leisure industry to digitize their business operations and generate more revenue. The software allows a high degree of automation in managing a wide range of leisure activities and can be implemented in a provider's website as a ready-to-use solution.
We have strong technology partnerships with the most recognized international travel marketing platforms such as TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide, and mydays, but now we need YOU to join our great team and enormous market potential. We are looking for active contributors with fresh ideas, commitment, energy and passion for our vision to digitalize the leisure market and all our customers - from outdoor to indoor, from cooking school to paintball.
You long for challenges? You want to develop yourself personally? You want to learn from the best? Then you are perfect with us! Become a part of our team - become a „bookingkid“!