In today’s world we experience a global shift to real life experiences over products. Following this trend, bookingkit is set to digitise and develop the tours & activities industry in Europe. Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
We are looking for a new Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Core team as soon as possible. Within our Core team, you will work on our overall infrastructure, APIs, database architecture, as well as shared backend services. You will also train and coach the whole engineering team in DevOps best practices. The results of your work will have impact on thousands of customers, millions of end customers and hundreds of partners.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Level – ★★★★☆
- Our Tech StackDevOps – AWS (Ec2, ECS, RDS, Elasticcache, Cloudfront, IAM ….), Gitlab, Gitlab-CI, Jenkins, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Docker, Terraform, Proxmox.
- Your future gear – Mac, Windows or Linux laptop (private use allowed)
- Remote option – B2B Contract – Work from wherever you are, while enjoying quarterly team events with all bookingkids in Berlin
- Perks – Flexible work time, pet friendly office, breakfast, snacks & fruits 24/7, Company BBQs, Team events, Sport leagues, relocation support… read more
MORE ABOUT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY
- You coach and support engineering teams in the implementation of DevOps activities
- You are responsible for the planning, development & implementation of IT solutions in the cloud environment (AWS).
- You optimize monitoring systems and are responsible for the further development of build processes and the automation of deployment processes
- You are responsible for the development and continuous optimization of our development infrastructure
- You are the responsible person when it comes to the performance, availability and security of our software and system landscapes
- You will also actively shape our current DevOps standards & provide support for our software developers
MUST-HAVES, SHORT & TO THE POINT
- Have >5 years of system engineering and linux administration under your belt.
- Have >3 years of general AWS experiences: EC2,ECS,RDS (Mysql/Aurora), Elasticache, Cloudfront …
- Have the basics covered: Linux, bash, webserver/proxy/database configuration, networking…
- Proficient in managing complex cloud infrastructure with a declarative IaC solution like terraform or cloudformation.
- CI/CD knowledge (Jenkins, Gitlab-CI).
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Experience with container technologies for local development and cloud environments (Docker, AWS ECS).
- Experience with AWS based microservice setups (API gateway, Lambda … ).
- Strong experience in terraform managed AWS environments.
- Further automation / configuration management technologies like ansible, salt, chef …
- Automation with code quality analysis tools (SonarQube).
- Kubernetes / AWS EKS knowledge.
- Non cloud based virtualization technologies (KVM, Proxmox, VMWare, Xen…) and bare metal server administration.
- Proficient in PHP or Go.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
We invest in your future:
We care about individualized personal and professional development. After 6 months, we provide you with a development budget of up to 1000 € plus an extra day off for training and development purposes. Frequent feedback and coaching sessions with your Team Lead help you to achieve your career goals.
We live our values:
Flat hierarchies and #transparency are no empty promises! Share your ideas and #bookingkidness with us and contribute to our #growth. We #trust you to do a great job at your own pace: flexible working hours and home office prove it.
We believe in work-life-balance:
You will work with the best in the industry- 70 great colleagues from +10 nations are waiting for you to join us. We love to share our knowledge in bookingkit university, but of course there is always time for fun team events- our monthly Barbecues are legendary!
Please state your earliest starting date and salary expectation you have found this job ad at when applying. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About bookingkit GmbH
Shape the future of the tour & activity sector!
bookingkit is the European market leader in online booking and management software for tour & activity providers. We enable providers in the leisure industry to digitize their business operations and generate more revenue. The software allows a high degree of automation in managing a wide range of leisure activities and can be implemented in a provider's website as a ready-to-use solution.
We have strong technology partnerships with the most recognized international travel marketing platforms such as TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide, and mydays, but now we need YOU to join our great team and enormous market potential. We are looking for active contributors with fresh ideas, commitment, energy and passion for our vision to digitalize the leisure market and all our customers - from outdoor to indoor, from cooking school to paintball.
You long for challenges? You want to develop yourself personally? You want to learn from the best? Then you are perfect with us! Become a part of our team - become a „bookingkid“!