The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We are looking for a Behavioural Scientist to join the Freemium team. As part of our team, you will apply social and behavioural science theories and design and interpret experiments to understand user habits and behaviour. You will work closely with Product, Engineering and Design to craft and apply behavioural insights that address user needs. Your work will impact how we engage with consumers across the user journey, and provide critical input when developing compelling, user relevant offerings and experiences. This is a highly impactful role where you and the rest of the team will be able to directly influence how millions of Spotify users are supported around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage evaluative frameworks, behavioural experimentation methodologies, theory construction and model building skills to facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Design, launch and analyse experiments to uncover user needs & behaviour as part of a cross functional team consisting of user researchers, data scientists, product managers, designers and engineers.
- Deliver fresh, business relevant insights that are brought to life through engaging storytelling in continuous dialogue, presentations and workshops.
- Contribute actively to company-wide research practice and community.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years experience as a Behavioural Researcher, ideally with some experience from consumer-focused companies, working with growth strategy across the user journey.
- You are an expert in quantitative research with proven experience leading complex survey-related research (e.g. questionnaires, sophisticated sampling and weighting strategies).
- You are skilled in the necessary analysis tools (SPSS, R, Python, SQL), with experience bridging the gap between quantitative and qualitative data streams.
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating international research.
- You have a degree in behavioural economics, social or cognitive psychology, sociology, human computer interaction or a related field or gained your expertise on-the-job.
- You are an engaging storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English).
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development.
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration.
Browse all of the latest remote jobs within EMEA timezones