Velocity Global is one of the fastest growing self-funded companies in the United States and hands down one of the greatest places to work anywhere in the world. But it’s not for everyone. There are certain qualities and passions you must have to fit into our “Team of 10’s”:
- We move with VELOCITY and you have to relish in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- We believe in being of service, which means you have to check your ego at the door
- We believe in taking our work seriously but not being too serious at work
- We find passion in all things international business – it has to be in your bones
If you find that the above personal attributes apply to you, please continue reading.
We are looking for an Associate International Legal Counsel to join our growing Legal team. This position is remote based in our European region. This full-time position will be responsible for supporting the management of legal compliance of Velocity Global’s international operations in EMEA. This individual will report to our International Legal Counsel.
Velocity Global is a high-growth International Employer of Record (EOR) delivering high-touch international expansion services to our clients, where collaboration and communication are paramount. We live by our values of Velocity, Integrity, Professionalism, Empowerment, and Service and are always determined to be better personally and professionally in how we serve our clients and our internal team members. If you’re seeking to make an impact with a team of professionals who take on change as a challenge and strive to bring new ideas to life, this could be you.
- Provide analysis and guidance on projects across diverse areas of international employment matters, based on legislative or regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for building, developing, and oversight for Velocity Global’s Independent Contractor Compliance product outside of the United States.
- Review and draft complex and general employment l aspects and agreements (including confidentiality, IP rights, non-solicitation, bonus arrangements), and prepare all varieties of legal documents related to general operations of the business (including labor and employment matters, contractor agreements, company law, and labor leasing aspects).
- Work closely with individual departments to anticipate, identify and manage compliance matters, legal exposure and risk management, and provide legal support and advice to individual departments.
- Coordinate the activities of outside counsels in the different countries.
- Ensure compliance with applicable international laws and regulations, and track global developments in evolving laws, rules, and regulations governing the services of Velocity Global; and keep current on industry-wide legal trends and developments.
- Perform other key duties as may be required by the International Counsel of EMEA from time to time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Master law degree from a university in Europe with a focus on employment law, a postgraduate specialisation on employment law would be a plus
- Between 3 and 7 years of International legal/HR experience preferred
- Business proficiency in the English language required
- Demonstrate experience with handling multiple cases at the same time, service-orientated quick turnarounds, project management, and providing practical compliant solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; capable of identifying and prioritizing issues and escalating where appropriate.
- High level of personal integrity and professional ethics.
- Experience with Employer of Record (EOR), contingent workforce management, and/or international hiring practices are highly desired.
- Adaptable and flexible – able to juggle between and deliver up on variation of tasks, ready for a challenge
Browse the latest remote legal jobs on EU Remote Jobs