Spotify’s awesome Payments team is growing! Our purpose is to ensure that money flows seamlessly, efficiently and safely across Spotify’s global community. We partner closely with Product, Tech, Legal, Finance and our external payment partners to provide the global payments service that enables our fans, creators and advertisers to pay and be paid.
We’re looking for an outstanding Associate Director to help define our strategic approach to payments and deliver new payment solutions that will enable Spotify to grow our users by expanding the Freemium experience and facilitating new monetisation opportunities for our growing creator community.
What you’ll do
- Own the articulation of our overarching strategic payments plan, clearly outlining the why, what and when
- Drive strategic payment conversations with internal and external partners to make sure that we are prioritising the right initiatives to meet the company’s goals
- Lead, plan and execute key initiatives, collaborating with cross functional teams and our payment partners
Who you are
- A payments leader with substantial experience in global e-commerce payment processing, ideally gained in a payments role for a large e-commerce merchant or at an acquiring related business
- You have extensive knowledge of different e-commerce payment flows, use cases, regulation, payment methods and payment processing systems, ideally at a global level
- You have a strong background in strategy development, either acquired within a consultancy firm or as part of an in-house strategy team
- An accomplished strategic storyteller who can build and deliver compelling narratives for a diverse range of audiences
- You have strong influencing skills and care about building trust and credibility at all levels
- You know how to get things done in a larger organisation where you are not always in direct control of all the resources to get the job done
- You are commercially minded, with a track record of interacting collaboratively with colleagues in tech and product domains
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
Where you will be
- We are enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region to support our growing market there
- Do you prefer an office or working from home? We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our distributed work options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.