Who we are and what we do
Deel is a global team that helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere, easily. Deel consists of more than two thousand self-driven individuals spanning over 100 countries. Our unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and innovating the Deel platform and our products for customers.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we are building the best platform to make that a reality. Our market-leading technology, expertise, and global team are crucial to the success of Deel’s platform. We deliver the best products and platform features in our space, enabling millions of jobs worldwide and connecting the global workforce with the best companies and opportunities.
Why should you be part of Deel’s success story?
A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer dictate how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Deel sees a world without hiring borders and endless talent that pairs perfect candidates with great companies.
We offer global teams all the tools they need to hire, onboard, manage, pay, and scale at full speed. We aim to foster a diverse global economy by building a generational platform that seamlessly connects companies with talent worldwide.
After our successful Series D in 2021, we raised another $50M last year, doubling our valuation to $12B.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Deel — the market leader in international payroll and compliance.
About the Role
The Associate Director of Customer Support Operations plays a critical role in achieving our mission. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to create an effortless experience. More specifically, the CS Operations team is passionate about providing world class support and client services across our entire suite of products.
As the Associate Director of Customer Support Operations you’ll be fully responsible for leading a team of experienced front-line customer support professionals to provide a world class experience for our customers. You will be responsible for the delivery of front-line customer support globally, which entails building, growing and managing a high performing and diverse team across multiple locations and multiple contact channels. You will work with other global leaders and internal stakeholders to achieve a seamless customer experience and scale in a thoughtful, effective way.
This position will report to the Head of Customer Support & Services.
What you’ll do at Deel
- Lead the Deel Global Training, Enablement and Quality Excellent teams
- Act as a proactive inspiring leader across the wider Customer Experience organization, with a strong bias to action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction
- Hire, lead and develop a diverse, high performing and globally distributed teams, setting up the organization for success through investments in career growth
- Define and deliver on organizational-level OKR’s and service levels, enabling operational excellence across all aspects of the customer journey
- Highlight opportunities to drive improvements in customer satisfaction across all channels
- Scale the QA team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency, driving productivity initiatives
- Calibrate with peers and management to determine and establish quality procedures and standards across all channels of Support to ensure reviews produce fair and consistent results
- Create a strategy for self-help knowledge base infrastructure and content, including but not limited to: response macros, articles for internal and external audiences, policy and procedure guidelines, and VoC reports.
- Produce monthly recommendations and provide weekly readouts on progress of content development with demonstrated reductions in volume of outstanding work
- Build, manage and coach a team of high performing trainers, content writers and coaches to develop and deliver effective and engaging learning experiences for agent onboarding as well as new product launches, policy updates, process and tooling improvements.
- Partner closely with the Product and Customer Support teams to coordinate on content development needs
Some key qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- 8+ years of B2C or B2B support experience ideally within fast growing startups
- A drive for solving problems, building efficient processes, infrastructure and tools to scale a team
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a data driven approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing outsourced support teams ideally within a multi language environment
- Experience working with FP&A and ability to provide business plans and cases when the need arises to ensure agent success such as reducing TPH
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding operational goals
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- An ability to identify upstream blockers and prioritize solutions
- A drive to consistently deliver results and exceed expectations
- A strategic-thinking, solutions-driven mentality and a hunger to learn
Our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- Computer equipment applicable to your role
- Stock grant opportunities
- Additional perks and benefits based upon your employment status and country
- The ability to choose where you work whether it be your home, the beach, or a WeWork
At Deel, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.