DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
- Architecture and design of new information systems.
- Review of the architecture of existing systems.
- Design of component architecture and building blocks.
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems.
- Development and maintenance of software applications and components.
- Data analysis and data modelling.
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture.
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users.
- Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers.
- Production of software architecture documents.
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment,
- evaluation, and reporting.
- Reviewing technical documentation, including code reviews and security document reviews.
- Troubleshoot the technical issues in all environments (including production priority one issues).
- Build and deploy new releases, executing all the necessary steps (e.g., database updates).
- Configuring software on local and managed environments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of architecture best practices and patterns (including cloud usage, webservices).
- Excellent knowledge of applications design.
- Excellent knowledge of modelling tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming languages.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Java EE technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of the Spring Framework.
- Excellent knowledge of the Hibernate Framework.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile development methodologies (such as SCRUM, Kanban).
- Excellent knowledge of Java application servers.
- Excellent knowledge of deployment and continuous integration tools (e.g., Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab).
- Excellent knowledge of test automation tools (e.g., Junit, Selenium/Selenide).
- Excellent knowledge of code versioning tools (e.g., Git).
- Good knowledge of Linux as development environment.
- Good knowledge of Java server-side templating languages (e.g., ThymeLeaf, Apache Tiles, JSP)
- Good knowledge of front-end frameworks and libraries (e.g., jQuery, Angular).
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture.
- Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g., web services SOAP/REST, message-oriented middleware, service-oriented bus, event architecture).
- Knowledge of data exchange formats (XML/XSD, Json).
- Ability to give technical presentations and demos.
- Ability to apply high quality standards.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to provide support to end users.
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design.
Due to the nature of a large international organization, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects.
- Excellent Team Player.
- At least 5 years of specific expertise in expertise in architecture for web information systems, including the design and development based on Java for web applications.
- At least 4 years of specific expertise in continuous integration tools (e.g., Maven, Gitlab, JUnit).
- At least 2 years of specific expertise in Oracle PL/SQL.
- At least 2 years of specific expertise in Spring Framework.
CERTIFICATIONS & STANDARDS
The following certificates & standards are nice to have for the performance of tasks:
- Oracle certification on Java.
- Agile development methodology related certificate(s) (e.g., Scrum master / product owner).
- Certified DevSecOps Professional (CDP) certification.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
EU-Nationality is mandatory for most of our job openings, but for some of them we can, also, take into consideration CVs, that acquire work permit in the location where the client is or the job should be performed
WHO ARE WE?
VASS (https://vasscompany.com/en/) is a leading digital solutions group of companies headquartered in Madrid, Spain, present in 26 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia with more than 4,700 professionals
VASS helps large companies in their digital transformation process, developing and executing the most innovative and scalable projects, from strategy to operations.
All our growth comes from our talented people, passion for innovation, and a constant search for improvement, always the VASS way: “Complex made simple”.