Keyrock was founded in 2017 and has quickly grown from 3 to over 100 people today. As an industry recognized liquidity provider and market maker, Keyrock is a leading European creator of algorithmic trading technologies in the digital asset space. With VC backing including Series B investment from Ripple, a constantly expanding global client base, and revenues growth 13x in 2021, Keyrock is one of Belgium’s fastest-growing fintech companies.
We’re currently active on over 80 exchanges and count numerous marketplaces and asset issuers among our clients, including some of the best-known companies in the digital assets space.
Keyrock’s beating heart is its technical team filled with crypto and DeFi natives, software engineers, digital scientists and academics, who themselves are supported by university professors, industry-leading experts and a strong management team. Over the years Keyrock has become a company that is both idealistic and practical.
Important: It is worth to understand we are not a blockchain company per se and as such, blockchain development experience is not significant nor sought after by us. Our software is blockchain agnostic and it could be deployed on any type of assets, not limited to blockchain-based assets. We do however welcome blockchain engineers, especially those passionate about trading, as it generally indicated passion for the industry which we value.
NB We are open for exquisite developers, experienced in other languages (C++, Java, Go or similar) and passionate about low-latency, low-level trading systems who have just recently started their journey with Rust and need to master it. We provide training and materials and space to learn. For these profiles we will initially offer slightly decreased package to compensate for our investment in teaching and will increase it to regular level after 3-6 months from joining (guaranteed by contract) when proficiency in Rust and full productivity is reached.
We are looking for
An experienced Rust developer to support the growth of our infrastructure, which is based on an exciting and constantly evolving technology stack. You will be working in collaboration with our engineers, data scientists, and architects to develop new features, integrate new liquidity sources and structure financial systems. As an important member of the algorithm team, your mission would be to develop new features and trading algorithms, integrate thirty party APIs and propose improvements to our current infrastructure. An ideal candidate has experience in developing low-latency trading systems, is passionate about algo trading and crypto and is a low-level system thinker.
NB We are open for exquisite algorithm developers who have just recently started their journey with Rust. We provide training and materials and space to learn. For these profiles we will initially offer slightly decreased package to compensate for our investment in teaching and will increase it to regular level after 3-6 months from joining (guaranteed by contract) when proficiency in Rust and full productivity is reached.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the implementation of trading algorithms
- Setup and deployment of algorithms
- Integrating the APIs of cryptocurrency exchanges, banks and brokers to the Keyrock infrastructure
- Implement financial logic on multiple Keyrock microservices
- System monitoring
Skills and experience:
- Team player
- Know your way around Linux CLI
- Deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, websockets, gRPC, etc)
- Basic understanding of the financial market, order books, and trading
- At least 5 years of coding experience
That little extra
- Interest in Blockchain/DLT and digital assets
- Background or interest in financial/capital markets
- Stream-based processing
- Proactive challenger and proposer
- Statistical analysis and/or ML
Our recruitment philosophy
We believe the most important aspect of our recruitment process is self-awareness: we are looking for people who have a clear understanding of themselves and what they are looking for in their professional career. That means that we expect to work with people who not only have the right skills, but who have also made the conscious decision to look for a company in our industry and with our characteristics.
- A competitive salary package, including benefits that you choose and manage according to your needs and those of your family (car/bike, meal vouchers, health insurance, 25 days off, etc.)
- Complete autonomy in your time management thanks to flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely
- The freedom to create your own entrepreneurial experience by being part of a team of people in search of excellence
- Keyrock offers you both a career and a large range of benefits that we will gladly discuss in the course of the application process.
As an employer we are committed to build an inclusive, diverse and non-discriminating work environment. We welcome employees of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, creed and sexual orientation. We hire, reward and promote entirely based on merit and performance.