Capchase is an early-stage startup radically transforming how companies fund their growth by allowing them to receive upfront access for their forward-looking revenues. We are shaping a new way for recurring revenue companies to finance their growth (it’s not us who say it, it’s the Wall Street Journal, Techcrunch and others).
To carry out this mission, we’ve received $300M+ in funding from some of the best VCs in the business like Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square…), SciFI (Stripe, Brex…), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable…) and most recently QED – one of the best fintech investors on the planet with 19 unicorns in their portfolio.
Capchase is looking for a top-tier Accounting/Payroll Associate to join our Spain office. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience within a growing company and have exposure to Capchase leadership. This role will support the Finance and Admin team in critical analysis of financial activities as well as timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization. We’re looking for a critical thinker and structured problem solver who can help our team get to the next level!
🚀 THE JOB
- Manage daily vendor payment requests and monthly payroll process for the Spain team
- Work with local accountant to reconcile bank transactions during month end close process
- Assist with tax (VAT) preparation and regulatory reporting with local accountant in Spain
- Assist preparation of financial statements to ensure transactions and consolidations are properly reflected and in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Support team in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist with team Spain’s administrative tasks and other duties
🧠 The Requirements
- BA/BS degree accounting, finance, or a related field preferred
- Minimum two years of prior accounting (especially focus on payroll and tax) experience
- Experience with performing financial statement audits or has assisted in the audit process
- Self-starter able to manage workloads and balance competing high priority tasks in a fast-paced startup environment
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy and excellent organizational skills
- Dedication to continual improvement; strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive) is a necessity
- Fluent written and spoken English
📊 Useful info
- We have offices in Madrid or you can work remotely if you prefer.
- Stock options – we want everyone to be a part of the company.