Zapier is hiring an Acceptable Use Program Manager. This position will lead the re-assessment of the policy and business processes around the Zapier acceptable use policy. Working together with the broader Zapier teams, they will evaluate the existing Zapier acceptable use policy and deliver any changes to the policy along with processes that shape the enforcement of the policy. The ideal candidate will have experience and understanding of ethics and applicable laws regarding acceptable use of technology products and expertise in coordinating input among diverse teams, including internal stakeholders, customers, partners, industry forums and thought leaders. This position will report to the General Counsel.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Drive the assessment of Zapier’s acceptable use framework that guides how our products are used by customers and partners.
- Oversee and lead the Incident Response Committee, an internal committee that reviews and investigates reported violations of the Zapier acceptable use policy.
- Work collaboratively across all aspects of the business, including customer support, legal, HR, DIBE, brand, security and communications, in assessing the Zapier Acceptable Use Policy in support of the Company strategy and business.
- Represent the Zapier acceptable use framework to both internal and external stakeholders, including executives, employees, customers, partners and industry forums.
- Use your knowledge of relevant regulatory developments in the US and internationally (e.g. privacy laws, Section 230, etc.) to advise on the potential impact of such regulatory developments to the business and the acceptable use framework.
- Identify potential unintended negative consequences related to the Zapier Acceptable Use Policy that may be mitigated and drive prioritization of those mitigations. Conversely, identify positive impacts related to the Zapier Acceptable Use Policy and prioritize increasing the positive impacts.
- Kick-off the first annual review of the Zapier Acceptable Use Policy.
- Experienced working across teams of customer support, legal, HR, DIBE, brand, security, communications,and other internal and external stakeholders to drive results.
- Experienced in driving complex strategic initiatives, where you take a multi-faceted problem, synthesize detailed information from multiple sources, and build recommendations on the path forward, even when the question at hand is a difficult one that involves multiple conflicting perspectives.
- Empathetic to different perspectives of the various stakeholders and successful in getting support for your recommendations.
- Have the ability to see a large business-impacting challenge, jump in, and drive the change that results in significant improvements to the organization. You can take stock of all the necessary details without getting lost in the weeds.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal. You are expert at presenting ideas to diverse teams and individuals in multiple formats, from slide decks to internal blog postings to informal chats.
- Adept at developing trust in relationships both internally and externally, and at all levels of the organization. You are able to challenge the status quo to improve the productivity, effectiveness, and culture of a team, while maintaining trust.
- 10+ experience with 6+ years experience leading multi-disciplinary programs/initiatives driving significant results.
- A passion for and an in-depth knowledge of the debate around responsible use of technology, content moderation, privacy, and the role of technology companies in regulating speech.
- Working knowledge of various laws and proposed regulations that shape the use of technology.
- Enthusiasm for Zapier technology.
- Program management, project management, or government policy experience is helpful but not required.
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth. UTC +4 through UTC +10
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian-, and UK-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.